3 September 2014
Based on a request made by the Foreign Relations Committee, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) conducted a briefing session with the National Council on key foreign policy issues in the National Council conference hall yesterday afternoon.
The Chairperson to the Committee warmly welcomed and extended his appreciation to the Hon’ble Secretary and the senior officials from the MoFA for their support to the request of the National Council. The briefing session was conducted to clarify and to further enhance the knowledge of the members of the National Council on key issues related to foreign policy.
The Secretary broadly outlined the principles, objectives and challenges related to the foreign policy of Bhutan. He also presented the existing status of the formal diplomatic relationship of Bhutan and its impact on the socio-economic development. He further stressed that despite all the challenges faced by the country, the success of its foreign policy was a result of the far-sighted and visionary leadership and guidance provided by His Majesty the King and His Majesty the Fourth Druk Gyalpo. Read More »
2nd September 2014
The 14th Session of the National Council of Bhutan shall commence from 12th November 2014. In this regard, issues of national importance for inclusion in the agenda for the session may kindly be forwarded to the National Council Secretariat on or before 15th September 2014. The National Council shall be deliberating the following Bills and Agreement during the 14th Session:
- The Tenancy Act (Amendment) Bill of Bhutan 2014;
- The Local Government Entitlement Bill of Bhutan 2014;
- The Biosafety Bill of Bhutan 2014;
- The Narcotic Drugs, Psychotropic Substances and Substance Abuse Act (Amendment) Bill of Bhutan 2014;
- The Parliamentary Entitlement Act (Amendment) Bill of Bhutan 2014; and
- Trade and Economic Cooperation Agreement between the Government of the Kingdom of Thailand and the Royal Government of Bhutan;