12 August 2014
The National Council had the rare honor of playing a friendly football match with the team led by His Majesty the King at the Changlingmithang Football Stadium at 6.00 PM, yesterday. The members and staff of the National Council watched the match with great enthusiasm. For the National Council members, it was a refreshing break from their usual office works.
His Majesty the King also granted a photo opportunity to all the players as well as the members and the staff of the Secretariat at the end of the match.
11 August 2014
The Social & Cultural Affairs Committee will be conducting a consultative meeting with the relevant stakeholders on 18th August 2014 at 09:30 am in the Convention Centre on the Narcotic Drugs, Psychotropic Substances and Substance Abuse Bill 2014.
The Committee shall engage the following stakeholders to seek their views and clarification on the Bill:
- Royal Bhutan Police
- Department of Revenue and Customs, Ministry of Finance
- Department of Trade, Ministry of Economic Affairs
- Road Safety and Transport Authority, Ministry of Information and communications
- Bhutan Information, Communication and media Authority, Ministry of Information and communications
- Bhutan Agriculture and Food Regulatory Authority, Ministry of Agriculture and Forests
- Drug Regulatory Authority, Ministry of Health
- Bureau of Law and order, Ministry of Home and Cultural Affairs
- Ministry of Education – Department of Youth and Sports
- Ministry of Health
- Non-Government Organization (YDF)
- Civil Society Organization (Chithuen Phendey Tshogpa)
- Rehabilitation Center
- National Council Members
- Legislative Committee Members, National Assembly of Bhutan
The interested members of the National Council are welcome to register their participation to the Committee Secretary and all the media house are invited to observe the stakeholders meeting.